12.26.2007

Goal Processing: Og's Words of Wisdom (Part 1 of 3)

Just a few thoughts from Og Mandino as you work on your 2008 resolutions and goals...

Og Mandino Quotes (Part 1)

1. Act now. For now is all you have.
2. Action is the food and drink which will nourish my success.
3. Action will destroy your procrastination.
4. All men must stumble often to reach the truth.
5. All nature is a circle of moods and you are a part of nature and so, like the tides, your moods will rise; your moods will fall.
6. All your problems, discouragements, and heartaches are, in truth, great opportunities in disguise.
7. Always let your reach exceed your grasp.
8. Always raise your goals as soon as they are attained.
9. Always strive to make the next hour better than this one.
10. Always take another step. If that is to no avail take another, and yet another. One step at a time is not too difficult.
11. Any act with practice becomes easy.
12. Apply all of your efforts to become the highest mountain of all and strain your potential until it cries for mercy.
13. Avoid with fury the killers of time.
14. Bad habits must be destroyed and new furrows prepared for good seed.
15. Bathe me in good habits that the bad ones may drown.
16. Be happy.
17. Be hungry for success.
18. Be prepared to control whatever personality awakes in you each day.
19. Become master of yourself.
20. Begin now to accent your differences.
21. Beginning today, you can increase your accomplishments of yesterday by a hundredfold.
22. Bury doubt under faith.
23. Cherish each hour of this day for it can never return.
24. Chuckle and your burdens will be lightened.
25. Concentrate your energy on the challenge of the moment.
26. Confidence will take away your fear.
27. Consider each obstacle as a mere detour to your goal and a challenge to your profession.
28. Consider each obstacle as a mere detour to your goal.
29. Count your blessings today.
30. Cultivate the habit of laughter.
31. Destroy procrastination with action.
32. Dismember fear with confidence.
33. Do not allow yesterday's success to lull you into today's complacency, for this is the great foundation of failure.
34. Do not be satisfied with yesterday's accomplishments or indulge in self-praise for deeds which are too small to even acknowledge.
35. Do not commit the terrible crime of aiming too low.
36. Do not dwell on the past.
37. Do not judge a man on one meeting.
38. Do not listen to those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious.
39. Do not make vain attempts to imitate others.
40. Do not permit the petty happenings of today to disturb you.
41. Do not think of yesterday or tomorrow.
42. Do not waste a moment mourning yesterday's misfortunes, yesterday's defeats, or yesterday's aches of the heart.
43. Drink every minute to its fill; savor its taste and give thanks.
44. Drive a bad habit from your life and replace it with one which will bring you closer to success.
45. Each day will be triumphant only when your smiles bring forth smiles from others.
46. Each failure to sell will increase your chances for success at your next attempt.
47. Each frown you meet only prepares you for the smile to come.
48. Each minute of today will be more fruitful than the hours of yesterday. Your last must be your best.
49. Each misfortune you encounter will carry in it the seed of tomorrow's good luck.
50. Each nay I hear will bring me closer to the sound of yea.
51. Each rebuff is an opportunity to move forward; turn away from them, avoid them and you throw away your future.
52. Each struggle, each defeat sharpens your skills and strengthens your courage and your endurance.
53. Enjoy today's happiness today.
54. Failure does not course through your veins as you were not delivered into this world in defeat.
55. Failure no longer will be my payment for struggle.
56. Failure will never overtake you if your determination to succeed is strong enough.
57. For now you know one of the greatest principles of success; if you persist long enough you will win.
58. Forget the happenings of the day that is gone, whether they were good or bad, and greet the new sun with confidence that this will be the best day of your life.
59. Fulfill today's duties today.
60. Good habits are the key to all success.
61. Grant me compassion for weaknesses in others.
62. Grasp each minute of this day with both hands and fondle it with love for its value is beyond price.
63. Green grass grows where dry desert ends.
64. Greet the sunrise with cries of joy.
65. Happiness is the wine that sharpens the taste of the meal.
66. Have confidence that this will be the best day of your life.
67. I can accomplish far more than I have, and I will, for why would the miracle which produced me end with my birth? Why can I not extend that miracle to my deeds of today?
68. I consider poverty to be the mark of a lack of ability or a lack of ambition.
69. I have a choice and I will not let my life be fed to swine nor will I let it be ground under the rocks of failure and despair to be broken open and devoured by the will of others.
70. I have not time to hate, only time to love.
71. I need not wait for I have the power to choose my own destiny.
72. I shall live this day as if it is my last. And if it is not, I shall fall to my knees and give thanks.
73. I will acknowledge rewards for they are my due; yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge.
74. I will be successful.
75. I will command, and I will obey mine own command.
76. I will do the work that a failure will not do.
77. I will encourage my friends and they will become brothers.
78. I will endure sadness for it opens my soul.
79. I will form good habits and become their slave.
80. I will greet this day with love in my heart.
81. I will greet this day with love, and I will succeed.
82. I will laud mine enemies and they will become friends.
83. I will laugh at evil and it will die untasted.
84. I will look on all things with love, and I will be born again.
85. I will love all mankind.
86. I will love all manners of men for each has qualities to be admired even though they may be hidden.
87. I will love myself.
88. I will love the ambitious for they can inspire me!
89. I will love the beautiful for their eyes of sadness; I will love the ugly for their souls of peace.
90. I will love the failures for they can teach me.
91. I will love the kings for they are but human; I will love the meek for they are divine.
92. I will love the rich for they are yet lonely; I will love the poor for they are so many. I will love the young for the faith they hold; I will love the old for the wisdom they share.
93. I will persist until I succeed.
94. I will persist and I will win.
95. I will say it is done before the failure says it is too late.
96. I will talk when the failure remains silent.
97. I will think naught of my profession when I am in my home for this will dampen my love.
98. I will toil and I will endure.
99. I will walk where the failure fears to walk.
100. I will welcome happiness for it enlarges my heart.

No comments: