Why is becoming an effective team player important?
- Life is a team sport.
- When our teams are good, life is good.
- People need great people-people around them to give their best.
What are the common traits of great teams?Effective teamwork occurs when each individual clearly understands how their core strength plays a valuable role in the team accomplishing its shared goals.
- A trusted leader.
- An agreed upon goal.
- An agreed upon decision-making system.
- The creation and revisiting of big memories.
- Each individual engaging a core strength.
- Intensely focused on their work, trusts others, are trustworthy and therefore creates an environment where there is low drama and high trust.
- Optimistic and create the impossible by focusing on solutions and the positive.
- Identify, put into action and develop habits that create an environment of encouragement, excellence and high expectatIons.
- Skilled at maximizing change and solving problems by seeing things differently and getting to the true core of challenges.
- L.E.A.D. - Look for, Encourage, Appreciate and Draw out the best of others. How most people treat you is based on who you are to them, the environment your interactions are in & how you treat them. Make them good.
- Be a lover of what other people are doing. Be Interested. Make someone else feel more important than they think they are and you instantly become more important to them.
- Build up others when they aren't around. Stephen Covey said, "A great way to build trust with those in the room is to talk up those not in the room."