- Vision - What am I doing today to be where I need to be in 5 years?
- Integrity - How am I helping my team trust me?
- Innovativeness - What are the challenges I am facing today that require more "solution thinking"?
- Wise Judgment - Who do I consult with before making major decisions?
- Service Mindedness - Do I model volunteerism in my life?
- Goal Processing - Do I have challenging goals that stretch and grow my abilities?
- Skill Assessment - What is my core strength and have I put myself in the position to do that everyday?
- Emotional Maturity - Do I handle struggles and failures with grace and a growth attitude?
- Fostering Relationships - Am I working daily to improve the health of my most important relationship?
- Masterful Communication - Do I listen to others with focus?
Ten Vital Leadership Questions
Ask yourself the following ten questions (one per PLI Essential) to check your leadership pulse:
Print this list and write your answers in a journal. Work to identify goal areas where you need to adjust behavior to improve your leadership effectiveness. Good luck.