If you are new to the PLI Blog, this will also serve as a primer for the structure of Personal Leadership Insight - the ten PLI Essentials...
[The following is structured like this... PLI Essential -> Why your team needs it from you -> Small piece of advice on how to improve your effectiveness in that Essential area.]
- Vision... Clarity... Examine your morning routine
- Integrity... Inspiration... Be Honest
- Innovative... Have a Voice... Have a mechanism to capture ideas
- Wise Judgment... Authenticity... Stay in contact and in spirit with a mentor
- Service Minded... Appreciation... Do something for someone that they can't do on their own
- Goal Processing... Final Scores... If you can do something in under 2 minutes, take care of it now!
- Skill Assessemnt... Placement... Hire people for their strengths, not their experience.
- Emotional Maturty... Optimism... Practice Intelligent Optimism - Recognize challenges, work on solutions. Understand weaknesses, capitalize on strengths. Have many reasons to complain, simply choose not to.
- Fostering Relationships... Belonging... Nurture all three layers of your relationships. Layer 1 is your family and friends. Layer 2 is your peers and casual acquaintances. Layer 3 is people who you know of, but who don't know you.
- Masterful Communication... Clarity... Actively listen to others and give them the gift of your attention.