1. Teams have an identified, trusted leader.
2. Teams have an identified, specific goal that everyone is working towards.
3. Teams have an identified and agreed upon system for decision making.
4. Teams make and revisit big, unique memories.
5. Teams are comprised of individuals who are able to engage their core strength.
Teamwork is a bogus idea for most organizations/companies/schools because they are actually dealing with disorganized groups and not organized teams. Following these steps first will turn their groups into teams. From that point, effective teamwork dynamics can be applied.